Moving goods and things is not an easy task, especially if it’s heavy or valuable. It is best to leave such tasks in the hands of professionals. Removal companies have the right skills to handle these tasks efficiently and are also properly equipped with different tools. They provide a wide range of services, and one should carefully check few things about the company before hiring it.
Types of services provided
The types of removal services provided by a removal company are as follows:
- Business removals: this service is meant for business and office removals. As in offices, there are many furniture and appliances, they are carefully transported in trucks specially customized for carrying such goods. Even the furniture is dismantled for easy transport and then re-assembled after reaching the destination.
- Home removals: this is an end-to-end service. The professionals will pack, transport, and unpack all the belongings from the old place to the new house. The hired company will send a representative who will survey how the removal needs to be done. This will help assess the number of staff required, the packing spot, and the amount and type of packing materials required. If one wants, they can just hire the transportation service.
- Storage facilities: there are times when one may need to move out of their place, but the new place is still not ready. For such situations, removal companies provide storage facilities. The professionals will pack the belongings and safely store is in a storage unit. The client will decide the size, and the entire process is insured.
- Man and van service: this service is best for short distance moving with fewer items. A single staff will pack and transport all the belongings within the city. This service is helpful mostly for students.
- Delivery and assembly: when buying any heavy appliance or furniture, one can call for a removal company. They will securely pack and transport the newly purchased item to their client’s home and will even assemble it using professional tools.
- Providing packing materials: removal companies always have all the needed packing materials and boxes at their disposal. They can also be contacted just to deliver the packing materials. The materials are bubble wrap, boxes, and clear wraps.
Things to consider when hiring a removal company
There are a few things that one should check through before hiring a removal company.
- Opt for a survey: always ask for a survey to assess everything before the moving day. This reduces any issue that might be faced on the moving day.
- Check feedback: read the unbiased reviews of previous clients to get an idea about the company’s services and work ethics.
- Enquire about packing materials: It saves a lot of money when the removal companies provide packing boxes and materials. Also, ask if they can help with disassembling and reassembling the appliances and furniture.
- Payment options: get a detailed quote that covers all the services and find out the company’s payments options. Credible companies have many flexible payment methods as they want their clients to have multiple options.
- Insurance policy: Ensure that the removal company comes with an active insurance policy that will protect the belongings from any damage.